Please read our "Mission Statement" and "Overview of Club Policies" before continuing on to registration.
Mission Statement: Hustle and Heart Set us apart!
Provide special needs children, ages 4 to 14, the environment to participate in an athletic team activity where the experience helps to stimulate their emotional and social growth.
Our program will focus on social interactions while learning to exercise regularly. Our trainer is a Special Education Teacher and was a College soccer player who can effectively identify the strengths and needs of different children, dealing with each individually, with a goal to bring new joy to their lives.
"Hustle and heart sets us apart" will be our philosophy and motto, helping to build confidence within all participating children.
The Albertson Challenger program will be offered to children with special needs between the ages of 4 and 14. We will be hosting a 45 minute session 10:30 AM Saturdays at the East Hills Park.
Training will be conducted by to our certified Special Education Teacher and peer mentor volunteers.
Overview of Club Policies
The Club has developed certain policies as a foundation for promoting sportsmanship at all levels. Some of these include:
Zero Tolerance Policy
All players, coaches, parents, referees and spectators are expected to demonstrate “sportsmanlike” behavior before, during and after games, scrimmages and practices. The Club has adopted a “Zero Tolerance Policy” towards verbal or physical abuse or harassment by anyone involved in the club in any capacity. Severe penalties including seasonal suspension may be incurred by anyone demonstrating inappropriate behavior as deemed by the Board members of the Club.
As a member of the Albertson Soccer Club I pledge to:
· Be respectful to all players and trainers
As a parent of an Albertson Soccer Club player, I pledge to:
· Calmly watch the play and not shout instructions to my child or other players.
· Provide encouragement to my child and all team players.
· Discuss all issues with my child’s coach privately and at a time away from the game.
· Refrain from unsportsmanlike and poor parenting behavior including verbal or physical abuse of players, coaches, referees and other spectators at practice, before, during and after games.
As a parent of an Albertson Soccer Club player, I agree to review these guidelines with my child and to abide by the guidelines as listed.
- Please make sure that you select the Albertson Challenger program and your child’s age.
- Make sure your primary e-mail address is listed as your 1st e-mail.
Communication from coaches and the Club will be sent to this address.
- Upon completion of the online registration, please print and retain your confirmation. An e-mail confirmation will be sent to your primary e-mail address with this information. This will allow for easy entry into the system to edit your records or for signup in future sessions.
There are no Registration fees for the Challenger Program.
We will provide every child with an Albertson Soccer Challenger jersey. Please provide your child with sneakers or cleats, shin guards and a soccer ball.